- The minimum allowed quantity for PFinLab - Stock and Budget Game is 5 (you currently have 0 in your cart).
The Personal Finance Lab Stock Game!
This world-class simulation is the key to driving student engagement – nothing fires up learning like healthy competition using real-world investing scenarios! It also comes with our complete customizable curriculum library – perfect as homework, in-class supplements, or even as the main class backbone, with over 300 lessons aligned to both state and national standards for Personal Finance, Economics, and Business classes!
Prices are per student, the platform can be paid by credit card, PayPal, or invoice to your high school.
This version of Personal Finance Lab works best with classes with 5 or more students. If you have fewer than 5 students, check out our homeschool version by clicking here!
Using stock games in class gives your students a whole new perspective on the world around them. By the end of your class simulation, your student’s thought process gets transformed from “I’m going to the store to buy some food” to “I’m going outside in my Nike (NKE) shoes, Wrangler (VFC) Jeans, and Abercrombie & Fitch (ANF) t-shirt, to the Bank of America (BAC) ATM to get cash, then drive my Ford (F) car rolling on Goodyear (GT) tires with BP (BP) gas to Walmart (WMT) to buy Charmin (PG) toilet paper, Crest (PG) toothpaste, Coca-Cola (KO), and Ben and Jerry’s (UL) Ice Cream.
This helps students take stock of how they spend their own money, and how businesses operate in the real world – fostering a new level of critical thinking and understanding of finance and economics. Why does Charmin toilet paper and Crest toothpaste have the same stock symbol?
The Personal Finance Lab Stock Game can be used individually or in groups (where we retain individual accountability even with the group projects), with a real-time prices. Built-in tutorials help students get started and streaming class rankings maximizes engagement. Hundreds of built-in lessons from our curriculum library come with automatic assessments, all without missing a beat!
For teachers, you can customize every aspect of your class: trading rules, starting cash, allowing retries for quizzes, and mix and match the lessons that work best for your class. Our customizable lesson plans (aligned to state and national standards) give awesome class project ideas as the perfect starting point, and our suite of easy-to-use teacher reports bring everything together!
- See how our curriculum aligns to Standards
- See our complete curriculum overview
- See our customizable lesson plans
- See some of our student tutorial videos
- Cutting-edge real-time high school stock game
- Your class, your rules: Choose your own class dates and trading settings (over 50 customization options per class!)
- Live streaming rankings of your entire class for extra engagement
- Built-in research, both in the Research Center and directly in the trading page
- Interactive charts, company news feeds, streaming prices
- Dozens of customizable teacher reports
- Live teacher support via live chat and 800 number, plus on-demand webinars
- …Plus the Personal Finance Lab curriculum library with over 300 customizable, standards-aligned lessons for high school Personal Finance, Economics, and Business with built-in assessments
- …Along with our Investing101 course, which can be used both in class or as independent study
- …And our lesson plan and Google Slides archives, showing exactly how to use everything effectively in class!
What You Get
After completing your order, our team will reach out within 1 business day to set up the teacher logins for your school. All teachers who require access will get a confirmation email with their login credentials, access to our on-demand teacher tutorial webinar library, access to our lesson plan and presentation library, and a tutorial on how to set up their first class. Teachers will have immediate access to our “Live Chat” and 800-number teacher support hotline, and can set up their classes and get students registered right away!
If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com, or give us a call at 1-(800) 786-8725 ext. 365