PersonalFinanceLab Free Teacher Test Drive!
This is an open invitation to all teachers to join our Test Drive to get a full preview of our Budget Game, Stock Game, and Curriculum Library and see first hand how it can take your class’s engagement to a whole new level!
How It Works
When you join the Test Drive, you will participate in a “class” in the role of a student. You will have:
- Access to our Budget Game for a 12-month session (each session usually takes about 20 minutes to complete)
- Access to our Stock Game, with $100,000 in starting cash to build your portfolio (US stocks, ETFs, mutual funds, and bonds only!)
- Access to our entire curriculum library, with over 300 lessons!
Registration is open now, the challenge will run from August 3 through September 4, 2020!
As you progress through the games, you will earn badges on your Achievements page – pick one to show off in the Class Rankings against other teachers who are participating too! Your badges “Level Up” as you improve mastery of a concept – see how much you can grow!
After the first week of the Challenge, we also have “Weekly Challenges”, inviting teachers to make a few specific types of trades in your stock game portfolio or take certain actions in the budget game. Completing a Weekly Challenge will give you an instant boost of $1000 in your stock portfolio, or $250 in your budget game checking account, depending on the challenge!
You can toggle between the current “Weekly Challenge” and the full curriculum list at any time!
Getting PersonalFinanceLab For Your School
We are holding this challenge to show every teacher the best of what PersonalFinanceLab.com has to offer! If you have a license for your class, as the teacher you can choose all the settings for your own custom class!
If you want to include the Budget Game, you can choose:
- The starting checking and savings account balances
- If students start as full-time workers or part-time students (who can later “Graduate” into the workforce)
- The amounts for all regular bills
- And even what types of events pop up during the game!
If you want to include the Stock Game, you can choose:
- The starting cash of your students
- How much interest students earn on their cash deposits
- If students can borrow money, and what interest they are charged on loans
- If they can short sell, day trade, or trade other securities (like options and currencies)
- Plus over 50 other settings to completely customize your class!
And with our curriculum library, you can choose:
- Which lessons your students need to complete, with each “Assignment” having its own “start date” and “due date”
- Queue up assignments by setting “prerequisites” (where students need to complete one assignments before starting another, regardless of start dates)
- Add “Rewards” for assignment completion, giving deposits to their stock portfolio or budget game checking account
- If students can re-take the quizzes at the end of each lesson to earn a higher score, or if their first try gets saved to their “grade book”
… plus dozens of other customizable teacher reports, live support from a dedicated account manager, a help desk and FAQ resource for students, access to our prized National Challenges for your students, and much more!